Airhost For You are Brighton’s Airbnb, short stay and holiday let experts, based in a retail space in Brighton’s North Laine, providing fully comprehensive and professional property management services to around 100 clients.
We recently launched our sister company, Savill Royals, which provides furnishing, design, staging and styling services and has significant growth plans over the coming year.
Financial Controller (Part Time)
This part-time role offers a great opportunity to establish yourself as a critical part of our success going forward.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the day to day management of the finance function of the company:
· Ensuring that the finance function is operating effectively and efficiently
· Setting up and managing a strict internal control environment in all finance areas
· Reviewing practices and contributing ideas for improvements
· Working with our partners to drive efficiency and accuracy across financial processes
· Day to day bookkeeping including bank payments, invoicing, and supplier bills
· Managing the client bank account and transfers
· Reconciliations including month end processes and journals
· Producing management accounts from the accounting software
· Company payroll, pensions, and HMRC submissions
· VAT returns
· Preparation of financial year end data and working with the external accountancy firm
· Diligent cost management
· Building relationships with clients to understand and meet their needs
· Supporting the Founder with the provision of ad hoc financial information as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
· An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification or equivalent would be highly beneficial
· Demonstrable experience of dealing with large volumes of data, whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
· Advanced excel skills and excellent knowledge of Xero accounting software
· New system and controls implementation experience is essential
· Sound VAT and Accounting knowledge and ability to apply it to different scenarios
· Highly confident communicator able to establish solid working relationships
· Some HR experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
Hours: 3 days per week
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£35,000.00 per year/pro rata